If you don’t have air conditioning at home, a cold air fan is one of the best ways to stay comfortable during the warmer months.
Cooling fans come in many shapes and sizes, but most use an oscillating motion to disperse cool air throughout the entire room.
We’ve rounded up our picks for the best cooling fan on the market, as well as what to look for when purchasing a cooling fan for your home.
See Our Best Cooling Fans
|1||Dimplex Mont Blanc Cooling Fan||Buy On Amazon|
Hide other buying options
Best For Low Budgets2Bionaire Oscillating Tower Fan
Best For Low BudgetsBionaire Oscillating Tower Fan
|Buy On Amazon|
Hide other buying options
|3||Igenix DF0030 Oscillating Tower Fan||Buy On Amazon|
Hide other buying options
Best Overall4Meaco 1056 Desk Fan
Best OverallMeaco 1056 Desk Fan
|Buy On Amazon|
Hide other buying options
Best For Higher Budgets5Dyson AM07 Cooling Tower Fan
Best For Higher BudgetsDyson AM07 Cooling Tower Fan
|Buy On Amazon|
Hide other buying options
1. Dimplex Mont Blanc Cooling Fan
- This fan has a sleek black design that looks great in any home.
- It has three different speed settings.
- A remote control allows you to adjust settings from far away.
- It uses an eight hour running timer to maintain its settings.
This sleek tower fan is excellent for both small apartments and larger homes. It’s very thin, so it fits well in tight spaces without distracting from your decor.
You can choose from three different fan speeds to suit your preferences.
An eight hour timer ensures that the fan will retain your settings even if you need to walk away.
This fan comes with a remote control, which you can use to adjust the settings from afar. It also has an LED display that is very easy to read.
Although it is quite tall, it is very easy to assemble. It can be somewhat noisy when used on the higher settings.
- Since this cooling fan is so thin, it fits well in small spaces.
- The oscillating function is fairly powerful, distributing cold air throughout the room.
- The remote control makes this fan easy to operate from anywhere in your house.
- The timer function allows you to use the fan throughout the night.
- This fan can be somewhat noisy when running on the higher settings.
- Getting the fan out of the box can be tricky, although it is fairly simple to assemble once you do so.
2. Bionaire Oscillating Tower Fan
- This fan has three speed settings and uses a wide-angle oscillating movement.
- It has a sleek black and silver tower design.
- This fan includes breeze and sleep modes and has an eight hour timer.
- The LED display and remote control make it very easy to adjust the settings on this fan.
This stylish cooling fan not only looks great, but is also very effective at keeping your space very cool and pleasant.
It has a black and silver design that looks very modern, with a wide oscillation angle that ensures that your entire room stays cool at night.
This fan has three speed settings, which you can control on the fan’s LED display or using the included remote.
It has an automatic timer that runs for eight hours to keep your home cool regardless of your schedule.
While this fan does make some noise, it’s not too overwhelming for those who might be very sensitive to it.
- This fan’s wide range of motion means it keeps the entire room cool.
- The LED display is very intuitive and easy to use.
- This fan is relatively quiet despite its power.
- The fan is very lightweight and easy to assemble.
- Since this model is lightweight, it does wobble at times.
3. Igenix DF0030 Oscillating Tower Fan
- This fan has three speed settings and a timer that runs for up to 120 minutes.
- It is available in either black or white shades.
- The fan has a carrying handle on the back.
- It comes with a two year warranty to protect your purchase.
This sleek but powerful fan is an excellent choice for any home or office.
It comes with three speed settings, which are very easy to adjust with the knob on the top of the fan.
You can also set a timer for up to 120 minutes to cool off the room. The fan oscillates back and forth to keep the entire room at a pleasant temperature.
This fan is very lightweight and easy to assemble. There is a carrying handle on the back of the fan, which makes it easy to move from room to room as needed.
It comes in both white or black to suit your preferences. The lower settings are very quiet, although the fan can get much noisier on its highest speed.
Although this fan is relatively affordable, it comes with a two year warranty, so you can be confident knowing your purchase is protected if there are any issues.
- Since it has a carrying handle on the back, this fan is easy to move from room to room.
- It’s very easy to adjust both the speed settings and the timer.
- The oscillating movement effectively distributes air throughout the entire space.
- Assembly and setup for this fan is incredibly simple.
- This fan can get noisy on the highest setting.
- The timer only runs for 120 minutes, which can be frustrating if you’d like to sleep with the fan on.
4. Meaco 1056 Desk Fan
- This fan uses DC technology to keep noise levels under 20 dB.
- It comes with a remote you can use to control the speed, oscillating pattern, timer, and more.
- It has a light that provides a soft glow for the room.
- It has a handle on the back so you can easily move it from room to room.
If you’re looking for an effective and efficient desk fan, this one from Meaco is a great choice.
Although it is very small, it’s powerful enough to keep your office or bedroom at a comfortable temperature.
It continuously oscillates as it runs, which ensures that the air gets distributed throughout the entire space.
It has a leather handle on the top that makes it very easy to carry from room to room.
One of the best things about this fan is that it is very quiet, running at less than 20 decibels. This is great for anyone who needs a quiet atmosphere to work or sleep.
It comes with a remote that you can use to adjust the speed up and down, change the oscillation pattern, or even switch to eco mode.
It also has a timer that you can use to ensure the fan automatically turns on and off. It even comes with a light that’s designed to add a soft glow to a bedroom or office.
Overall, this is an excellent option for anyone who needs a desk fan.
- There are a wide range of settings on this fan, so you can adjust it to suit your preferences.
- It is very quiet, so it won’t disturb you while you are working or having a conversation.
- This fan is designed to be very energy efficient and even comes with an eco mode.
- The soft glow on the fan is great for waking up in the morning or winding down at night.
- The fan occasionally makes clicking or ticking noises.
5. Dyson AM07 Cooling Tower Fan
- This fan uses air multiplying technology to spread air throughout the room. .
- Remote controls allow you to adjust the speed, oscillation, and timer on the fan.
- It is acoustically engineered to keep noise to a minimum.
- It has a sleek ovular design that is lightweight and looks very stylish.
This is often cited as the best cooling fan available, and it’s easy to see why. While it’s not the most affordable option, this fan provides incredible performance.
It’s also very stylish and modern, so it will look great with any style of decor.
Instead of using blades, this fan uses Dyson’s air multiplier technology to improve airflow.
This means that the fan is much quieter and safer than your standard cooling fan. It also makes it much easier to clean.
The base of the fan is engineered to keep it running quietly and to ensure that it doesn’t waste energy.
This fan comes with a remote control, which you can use to adjust a variety of different settings.
You can adjust the temperature and the oscillation, and the fan even comes with a timer you can use for sleep.
The remote is magnetized to the fan, so you won’t have to worry about losing it when it’s not in use.
Since the design of this fan is so simple, it is relatively easy to assemble. It is lightweight and very easy to move from room to room.
Overall, this is a great fan for someone who is concerned about both style and substance.
- This fan doesn’t have any blades, so it is easy to clean and safer to use.
- It is engineered to run very quietly, so it won’t disturb your daily activities.
- The stylish design means that it will look great in any home.
- The remote control makes it very easy to control all the settings on this fan.
- It is one of the priciest cooling fans on the market, so it may not be right for every budget.
- Although it oscillates, it may not provide as much coverage as a larger standing fan.
Cooling Fan Buying Guide
There are so many cooling fans on the market, and it can be difficult to determine which model is going to be the most effective for your needs.
Here’s everything you should consider when shopping for the best cooling fan on the market.
Types Of Cooling Fans
There are a few different types of cooling fans to choose from. The one that is the best fit for you will depend on what type of space you have and how much cooling power you need.
If you tend to get hot when you are working, a small desk fan can be a great solution.
As the name implies, these fans sit on your desk and rotate to keep your immediate vicinity cool.
They can also work well for small apartments where you don’t have too much extra space to cover.
Desk fans aren’t as powerful as many of their larger counterparts,
Tower fans are one of the best options for those looking to cool an entire room without taking up too much space.
These fans have a tall, slim design that oscillates back and forth to send air throughout the entire space.
The best tower fan models often come with remote controls as well, so you can operate them no matter where you are in the house.
Unlike other types of fans, they typically allow you to set timers and choose between a variety of different settings.
They are usually also much quieter than other types of fans.
A standing fan typically has a long, thin base with a circular fan on top. These fans have very large blades, which makes them much more powerful than a tower fan.
They are great if your main concern is cooling off a very large room. However, they can be much noisier than tower fans, which can become irritating.
Another key consideration to make when selecting a cooling fan is its noise levels. A quiet fan will be less disruptive, especially if you’re trying to work or have a conversation while the fan is on.
However, some people like a fan that makes a little bit of noise because it helps them fall asleep.
Alternatively, some customers will prefer a silent fan that won’t disturb them at all while they sleep.
You’ll also need to think about where you’re going to put your fan when deciding which one is going to be the best for your needs.
For example, the best fan for the bedroom might not be as effective for powering a very large living room or dining area.
A tower fan might be best for the bedroom because it is so quiet, while a more powerful standing fan could work better in a larger space.
Additionally, there are some areas where you may want a desk fan instead.
A small office space or kid’s room may only need a desk fan for a little bit of extra air flow.
The right size fan for you will depend entirely on what kind of space you have.
If your home or office already feels cramped, then a small cooling fan is going to be the best way to change the temperature of your space without overcrowding it.
However, if your space is larger, you’ll need a proportionately sized fan in order to cool off.
Smaller fans are typically the most affordable option. They also tend to be quieter than their larger counterparts. However, if you need real cooling power, larger fans are going to be your best bet, or you can always opt for air conditioners.
Energy efficiency is also very important when it comes to choosing a cooling fan.
As climate change becomes an increasingly pressing issue, we all want to be conscious of how much power we’re using.
Luckily, there are plenty of energy efficient fans that are specifically designed to minimize the amount of power they use.
Not only is this better for the environment, but it can also help you save money on your electric bill.
Energy efficient fans can be slightly more expensive up front, but are often more cost efficient in the long run if you’re running them all day.
Settings and Features
When selecting a fan, you’ll want to consider what kind of settings it has. It’s very common for cooling fans to come with at least three different speeds so you can adjust the temperature.
Some even come with a lower intensity breeze function for days when you need extra airflow, but don’t want to adjust the temperature.
There are other key features that you might want to look for when selecting a fan.
Many cooling fans come with a remote control that allows you to adjust the temperature of the fan from anywhere in your house.
Some also have timers, which you can use to run your fan for long periods of time without wasting energy.
Of course, your budget will always be an important consideration when it comes to selecting a cooling fan. The price of a good cooling fan can range widely depending on how big it is and the quality of the construction.
When buying a cooling fan, you won’t just want to go for the cheapest option. Ideally, you’ll want to find a balance between quality and affordable pricing.
Cooling fans are a must have for anyone living in a warm climate. They are an easy and affordable way to keep your home or office cool on hot days.
A good fan is especially helpful if you don’t have air conditioning (or just don’t want to pay the high price tag that comes with it).
They are available in many different designs and price points to suit your budget.
The cooling fans listed in this guide are our top picks. Each fan is very effective at making any room feel cool and comfortable.
They also have features that make them very easy to use.